Carrot and Chickpea patties
I enjoy cooking with carrots since you can do so much with them. I personally prefer them raw but it wouldn’t work to serve them that way to Clementine at the moment.
This is a very easy recipe that just include a few ingredients:
Carrots – about 3 or 4 medium seized
Chickpeas – I used canned and if you do; about half of it is enough
Coconut Oil – just a spoonful
Teff flour – about ½ dl https://amzn.to/2WdSWkM
Nutritional yeast – as much as you like, I usually go for a generous sprinkle https://amzn.to/2WhYZVH
Lemon – a squeeze
Pink salt – just a tiny pinch
I also added some fresh basil and a pinch of Maca powder just to really top up on nutrients.
The recipe doesn’t really follow any strict rules, just make sure that you don’t add too much Teff flour since it then will become more of a cake than a pattie. Otherwise go ahead and be creative!
- Put the oven on 150 °C / 302°F
- Put the carrots and the chickpeas in a food processor and turn on until somewhat broken up with no bigger parts.
- Transfer the chopped-up carrots and chickpeas to a bowl and add all the other ingridients to the mix and stir with a wooden spoon.
- I prefer to use a muffin tray so in this step I put coconut oil into all the wholes and then transfer the mix over from the bowl to the tray.
- Put in the middle of the oven and let it stay for about 25 minutes depending on what oven you have. Keep an eye on the patties since the time might defer depending on how much of the mix that you put in the holes or how warm your oven gets.
I serve them with some Oatly live ‘Cream’ and sometimes with cauliflower gnocchi, Clementine just love them. It often requires a bath in the evening…
I hope you will enjoy them!
Lots of Love